Everyone is on Facebook.
Well, almost everyone. 71% of American adults use Facebook and 93% of marketers use this platform for social media marketing.
Here’s the thing, though: Facebook’s growth has slowed, but marketers keep wasting time, pumping out post after post. The result?
Declining Facebook reach.
There is now far more content being made than there is time to absorb it. – Facebook
If you’re an ecommerce brand looking to reach your followers on Facebook, you’ve got to pay for it.
In case you missed it: Instagram’s user base is growing rapidly. There are now over 400 million users.
The best part?
Every post has the potential to be seen by your followers.
The second best part?
Instagram users regularly engage with brands…and they spend more money on average when compared to Facebook.
So you see, Instagram is better than Facebook.
Okay, maybe not. The the main point I’m trying to make is that Instagram is certainly worth your attention as an ecommerce store owner.
The following infographic from my friends over at selfstartr makes a strong case that you should be spending more time marketing your ecommerce business on Instagram than Facebook.
Here are some key stats:
- Facebook’s (FB) organic reach has declined 63% since 2012
- Instagram’s (IG) organic reach has increased 115% since 2012
- Only 32% of FB users engage with brands regularly vs 68% for IG
- 93% of marketers use FB vs 36% for IG
- Followers on IG are worth more, Average order value is $65 on IG vs $55 on FB
Share this Infographic On Your Site:
Check out these Instagram Marketing Tips to get started on Instagram.
Share and Enjoy
- eCommerce Growth in 2015 [infographic]
- Understand Your Customers for Better Conversions